Saturday, June 30, 2012

PayPal Scammed!

Well, bad news Jesskuh Blog readers: 


I am a moron and got scammed through PayPal. Yes, it is true.


Also, funny fact, keep in mind: this was a "my first time" using PayPal. Yeah, that's what I get for thinking people are nice and helpful. He said he would walk me through the process!!! Walked me through the process of getting scammed! 


_


I advertised my laptop on Craigslist: Dallas/Fort Worth, and got a bite the next day. The guy asked if that was my firm price for selling, and I said yes. He had also asked what was wrong with my laptop. Read my previous blog to find out about that.


We chatted about what was wrong with the laptop a few times, back and forth, "David" seemed to have pretty good English. I didn't think I was being scammed. I told him I DID have a Paypal account/address but I never used it. As I said above, he said he would be happy to walk me through the process of being paid through PayPal. I was using a different e-mail from my actual PayPal used e-mail address, so I gave him my e-mail and he said he was going to transfer me the money. He said he talked with Customer Care. I got all the e-mails he spoke about, kinda a few more. 


So, being the nice person I am, I went out once I received my "PayPal e-mails of it's coming in 72 hours" and mailed the laptop off to him. It wasn't to Nigeria, which is another reason I didn't suspect it right away. 


68 bucks down the drain. So, I've spent 600 bucks on a laptop, and 68 bucks on the shipping, and gotten ? 


They sent me a "Your shipping label number is verified" e-mail, and then another e-mail stating the money will be in your account in 24 hours. Well, it's been 48 hours since then, and: Nothing.


I noticed the difference of the two e-mail names (^^ and actual ones from PP about changing e-mail addys) and noticed that it came from a non paypal address way after the fact. I then started clicking around and searching in Google, and have discovered: I have been scammed. 


I just know, because I *sarcasm* have the BEST LUCK ever that I will never get my money back. I'll never get my laptop. I just want a damn working laptop, thats the only reason I turned to the web. It really pisses me off. 


I know I'm stupid, but I thought I was being nice. Thought he was being nice! 


I am so stupid. I'm mad at myself for being so stupid. 


Screw you PayPal. I lost a LAPTOP a non working, but still DAMN GOOD laptop! 


See what happens? UGH URRGG






*screams*

3 comments:

  1. Hey, first of all, your not stupid. They're professionals. That's what they do. We just have to stop when it sounds too good to be true and make sure it's not a scam. Sound simple, but as you well know, sometimes you just want to get it over with. As I see in your next blog about safety, you are by no means stupid. Mad. I'm sure. If I can help get a new LT, let me know. Serious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Lady-cakes... You are not stupid. I'm so sorry this happened to you :( What a D-Bag. Can you report it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thanks! I'm waiting, the email says it could take up to three days for them to get back with me! I'm going to try calling the number Monday sometime. I am soooo frustrated! Grr! :D

    ReplyDelete