Saturday, June 9, 2012

Skyleigh Breanne

A lot of people ask me where I got the name "Skyleigh"

I had always wanted my daughter's name to be Brianna. I had loved that name since I was a little girl.

When I was 15 years old (12 years ago), I discovered a little band called Blink 182. Mark Hoppus, a member, has a wife and her name is Skylee. Blink 182 was a huge part of my music likings as I grew up, and I still love the band to this day. (Seen them live 3 times!)

Years passed, and the name Skylee kept popping into my head. Over and over, in and out. Brianna got phased out, and Skylee was in.

So, when I got pregnant, I had to choose. Skylee Brianna? Brianna Skylee?

I knew one thing, I hated the spelling. Skyleigh.

Yes.

I still wanted to include Brianna somehow - but Skyleigh Brianna did not go together in my opinion. Changed Brianna to Brianne and wala!

Skyleigh Brianne was born! 

--

As for boys names, I L-O-V-E the name Preston.



If I was (born a) boy, I would have been Oliver!

--

Skyleigh doesn't actually mean anything according to the internet. Which is fine, I don't need some stupid website to tell me my daughters unique, beautiful name means that she is awesome!

--

My mother named me Jessica because "no one else had that name". EVERYONE has that name, and so I wanted to make sure to have something very rare and unique. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment