Monday, June 4, 2012

Prayers and Procrastinators

Learning this blog thing, day by day.


My grandmother will be getting out of the hospital today, so thank's everyone for your prayers. The power of prayer really does work! She is doing better. 


Slow day at work today, only three check ins. Maybe I can leave early. 


I've learned a lot about procrastinators. I understand life gets busy, but I don't understand secretaries. I have had so many different scenarios where the secretary has messed up a reservation. I don't understand why the person doesn't just call themselves. Are we that lazy these days, that we need to have someone else set up everything? So many things involved in traveling, but I surely love the procrastinators. 


This weekend is the Republican National Convention, being held literally a few blocks from my hotel. Now, being in downtown, and being a hotel of a smaller nature, we have been sold out for almost months now. Literally. 


I've been getting calls for weeks now, of frustrated people who can't find hotel rooms. I tell them, "Sir/ma'am, the RNC is coming into town." That's bringing over 11,000 people into my town. You have chosen to call two days before your day of arrival to try (and the convention) and set up a room, and well, tough luck because there are none. Funny how it is my fault. 


"Well, do you know of any other hotels that have rooms?" 


Do I look like your damn secretary? I know you've called everyone on your list, and you are probably at the end of your line. Should-a been prepared and called a while ago. So now, we have three-four days that we are completely sold out downtown, and you are bitching at me because someone I don't even know decided to have a stupid Convention here. 


I'm always nice, and bleed customer service, and can tell you all the hotels around here. Sadly, they are sold out too. Sucks to be you. 


Funny how life plays out sometimes. I want to slap some "Bosses" that come up to my desk, "Well my secretary made it." Well she needs to be fired you lazy dumb ass. 


-Another thing is don't try and get around the rules for Expedia. Been dealing with people who book through that for YEARS. We know DAMN FUCKING WELL that it says After 3pm is check-in time. Don't come at 11am, acting all stupid, "Oh well the website didn't say that." Oh yes it does! We have made NUMEROUS "Play" reservations and we are well aware of every bit of information it spews at you. 


I've heard so many sob stories of why you need to get into the hotel room early, but the bottom story is - You made your flight early, and now you are stuck here. 


I can't go ask the previous room tenants to leave. 


If they req a 2pm checkout, and your just DYING to get into your Jacuzzi tub at 1, well shit. Looks like you'll have a visitor don't it? 


The world does not revolve around you. You may think it is, walking through the airport like your tough shit, but I still control where you sleep. Don't ever forget that. If you piss me off, I can refuse service to anyone. 


President Obama could come strolling through the doors, and I could (and would) refuse service to him. Anyone, I have that right, as an American.


I am treated like it is all my fault that this Convention is here, and talked down upon like I am the biggest idiot in the world. Just remember, your the idiot who is going to have stay in a hotel 15 miles from your destination. 






No comments:

Post a Comment