Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Morning!

It's been a quiet morning here at work. We had a bit of a rush, but now that everything has settled down, I have some time for a quick blog session! 


At the hotel this morning, and my manager is now set up with Adsense on her blog. She originally had it set up on her YouTube account (and is making a fair/decent amount of money), so now she's been organizing her beautiful blog for her new Adsense account! 


I am happy to report that I have sold my laptop! My lovely HP with broken monitor, yet the back HP light lights up, is going to a happy home in Tennessee! He is pay-paling the money to me later. I am so happy I sold the thing! Now, time to shop around and get a new laptop. :D Sucks having no money all the time :(


A lot of earthquakes have been happening in and around North Texas. I have yet to feel anything in Fort Worth, but they are getting pretty close. I believe it has something to do with the huge Barnett Shale we are sitting on, but everyone (involved in that) says no. I'm sorry but you mean to tell me that you are going to dig a huge hole miles under the earth, blow up the dirt, suck the "gas" out, then leave? Um, you are leaving lots of little holes under this Earth. The huge hole you have left is going to collapse in upon it'self. You may tell me no, but I'm sorry person. It may not happen in your lifetime, or in mine, but it could happen in my daughters life time and that is not cool.


She may be the all mighty powerful Mother Earth, but you guys are damaging her beyond repair. I recycle everything I can get my hands on, and yet we have people coming and knocking on our door wanting to bid on the gas that is underneath the house. We had another lady stop by and TELL US, not ask, but TELL us that they were going to be drilling (sideways mind you) right under the house. So we have holes, sideways tunnels and all sorts of damages going on, and the workers and employees are telling us, no, everything is A-ok. You can't tell me everything is okay when we are having Earthquakes ALL AROUND. Earthquakes aren't supposed to happen in Texas. I could maybe believe the story of one or two earthquakes and the "ground moving/adjusting" but this has been going on for months. Numerous earthquakes. Granted, they are smaller magnitude earthquakes, but my house shaking is my house shaking. It's not good!


I guess when Dallas collapses in upon it's self they'll get the memo. I'll make sure to be there with me "No, it's okay!" sign! Haha. 


__


I have realized as I get older, I become more and more of a smart ass. I realized I had a voice when I was about 20 years old. I have become very bold in what I will say.


I say I was a "sheltered" child, being raised by my dad. I was a good kid, following rules, not getting into (much) trouble, and doing fairly good in school. 


Then I got out of High School, realized none of that matters and it's basically to each their own. I do have a few friends that I try and stick with, but times are changing and people are growing up. 


I get a lot of Twitter comments of people commenting that I speak my mind. I speak my mind, and type whatever I want. I don't see why everyone is surprised by this. I try to be as honest I can! I also love when my blog is described as "Random yet Funny." Because that is me. Random. And Funny. :D 


I used to be very shy. So shy, Painfully shy. I would just sit there and observe. I even had people come up to me at a party or something and (jokingly) say "She needs to shut up!" ... because I never talk. Of course everyone will say they are shy when you first meet them. I used to be that way. I'm still an observer, I am a people watcher!


The birth of my daughter changed me a lot also. I can't just sit back and stay quiet while the world passes us by. I have been taken advantage of, and walked off over and I just woke up one day and said NO MORE! 


I have been in one abusive relationship (mentally abusive), and I look back and realize how stupid I was. I was just young, and stupid, and he liked me. That was the bottom line. I ended up moving in with this idiot, who was bi-polar and took no medication. He took drugs though. I lived with him for almost two years and had everything taken away from me. He slowly sucked my friends away (I couldn't go see anyone because other guys could be there. God forbid someone looks at me!). I had one friend, Tierni, who I met through him, and she was basically it. He didn't even like it when I went to my own mothers. One day, like a sign from God, he wrecked his truck and his mother called me at work. I explained to her that I was going to get all my things and leave the key - and she agreed. I was very scared to leave him, even though I knew very well he was in jail, still, my heart was beating so quickly. Tierni came and met me at 11 pm at night and we literally THREW my stuff in a black trash bag and I slept at her house that night. I look back and when I ask myself, "Jessica, why didn't you just leave?" - It's funny the excuses I give myself. 


Of course, number one was, I was scared shitless. He never ever hit me once, but he did choke me once. He was crazy. He would have these "episodes" I would call them, where he'd walk to the kitchen and just open and slam the cabinet doors. So weird. I was supposed to meet my dad at the NASCAR race, and he actually FOLLOWED my car to the track. He was convinced that I was out to sleep with every person with a penis apparently. Just shows how stupid and naive I was. I never cheated on him or anything, he was just crazy. 


Now, I know how to say no. I know how to say, "No boyfriend, I am going to go home tonight and sleep in my own bed." Because last time I didn't say that I ended up being (practically) held hostage for two years. I kid you not. 


Anyways, my buddy just got here. 


It's smoke break time. 


And It's Tuesday. 





No comments:

Post a Comment